Photos by Lara
Lara Hanlon Welcome to the blog of Lara Hanlon Photography! Enjoy checking out some of my latest work and news, and as always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

I still have a few slots left for 2013 weddings and have started booking 2014 weddings! Shoot me an email to get your session on the calendar!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

jessica and tom : destination wedding photography

This is a wedding I've been waiting to post about. A few of my all-time favorite wedding pics were taken during this wedding, and the bride and groom are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. It was another wedding where I knew quite a few people in the wedding party and guests, as I'd shot three weddings for this group of friends previously.

The wedding took place in Plainview, Nebraska, and my sister/assistant drove out the night before the big event so we'd be ready to go.

Not really part of the wedding, but at the rehearsal dinner at Tom's family farm the night before, these three kittens kept trying to get food out of the trash. I want a kitten.

IMG_5844

I LOVED Jessica's dress. It may be my favorite dress I've shot, it's hard to say. But it definitely made me question the choice I made for MY wedding.

IMG_6023

IMG_6028

IMG_6059

IMG_6063

IMG_6104

Ok, not to take away from the beauty or love or anything of this shot, but the yellow building in the upper right? It's the Plainview Clown Doll Museum and it is truly creepy.

IMG_6126

IMG_6145

IMG_6249

IMG_6282

IMG_6288

IMG_6312

IMG_6358

Ceremony time!

IMG_6523

Once again. Love the detailing on her dress!

IMG_6530

IMG_6542

_MG_3030

IMG_6661

From the ceremony in Plainview we drove to the reception in Norfolk. And I snapped this lone tree out the window.

IMG_6670

Reception entrances are always fun!

IMG_6699

I always love a cupcake tower.

IMG_6714

IMG_6797

In the middle of the reception I ran outside and saw an amazing sunset. Jessica and Tom left their guests and reception to do a quick shoot, which made me love them even more.

IMG_6819-2

IMG_6918

This picture cracks me up.

IMG_6889

How cute is Tom dancing with his baby sister?

IMG_6993

Be sure to check out the post below this one, with pics from the city of Plainview. It was an very neat little place!


1 comments:

Mama H said...

Lara, these are fabulous! I love the cornfield group shots! and I love the tie-pulling one...gee, I wonder why!
And of course, the sunset shot with them in the field is stunning beyond belief.
Fabulous work, my friend!