Photos by Lara
Lara Hanlon Welcome to the blog of Lara Hanlon Photography! Enjoy checking out some of my latest work and news, and as always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

I still have a few slots left for 2013 weddings and have started booking 2014 weddings! Shoot me an email to get your session on the calendar!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

plainview : travel photography

Over the summer, my sister/assistant Kimberly and I headed out to Plainview, NE to shoot the wedding of Jessica and Tom. Plainview is a town of just over 1,000 that is about three hours northwest of Omaha.

It has churches! A museum! Parks! A tennis court! And a swimming pool!

Plainview-53

And a very, very, very creepy clown doll museum. I'm sorry...Klowndoll Museum.

Plainview-60

We stayed at a hotel straight out of a horror flick...in a GOOD way, if you can imagine that.

Plainview-1

Plainview-5

Like most small towns, there were a few closed storefronts and hotels.

Plainview-57

Plainview-59

Plainview-64

Plainview-67

Plainview-71

LOVE small town cafe breakfasts. It was under $10 for both of us!

Plainview-6

On the way into Plainview, we saw an abandoned house. We didn't stop at that time because I was worried about the time we were making, so the next morning when we had a few hours before the wedding we drove back out to find it.

Plainview-40

Plainview-7

Where do you suppose this door on the second floor went to?

Plainview-11

Apparently at some point the house had been used to store hay.

Plainview-27

Plainview-33

Plainview-37

Plainview-36

Plainview-25 Plainview-26

There were tons of little details outside and inside the house that made me ache for the family that had abandoned it (of course, for all I know, they just moved into a nicer house in town).

Plainview-31

Plainview-18

Plainview-32

Plainview-35

Plainview-20

My beautiful sister leaning in a doorway. I wasn't inside the house; I was at another window.

Plainview-23

This was an interesting picture, because I couldn't actually see these stairs from any of the windows. I had to lean way into a window and reach my camera as far over as I could. I was so scared of dropping my camera, but to get a glimpse of something I wouldn't have otherwise seen was pretty neat.

Plainview-39

Ok, enough abandoned house. How about some donkeys?

Plainview-41

Plainview-42

Plainview-43

Horses?

Plainview-45

Plainview-46

Plainview-49

Plainview-50

Plainview was a great little town, full of tons of friendly people. I'm so glad I got to visit!


0 comments: