Photos by Lara
Lara Hanlon Welcome to the blog of Lara Hanlon Photography! Enjoy checking out some of my latest work and news, and as always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

I still have a few slots left for 2013 weddings and have started booking 2014 weddings! Shoot me an email to get your session on the calendar!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

laura and justin : destination wedding photography

There are formal weddings, there are casual weddings...and then there are Justin and Laura weddings. Their wedding took place in Dunlap, IA, a small town of just over 1,00o people. The wedding was gorgeous and emotional, of course, but it was also one of the most fun times I've ever had at a wedding! You'll see why soon. :)

How gorgeous is Laura's dress?

IMG_7463

IMG_7470

IMG_7525

Sharing a moment with her soon-to-be father in law before the ceremony.

IMG_7994

IMG_7981

IMG_7648

IMG_8028

IMG_8073

IMG_8093

IMG_8138

IMG_8208

IMG_8331

At the reception, there's usually some downtime for the photographer while people are eating. I generally take that time to grab something to eat, download my pictures, and maybe borrow the wedding rings to get some detail shots. At their reception, I had finished eating and my assistant (and wonderful sister) Kimber had the downloading under control, so I went to find Justin and Laura to get the rings for the ring shots. Only...I couldn't find them! I looked around, and then noticed that not only were they not around, but the whole wedding party was missing! After some sluething, I discovered that they had all piled into a pickup truck and left. WHAT?? I had no idea what was going on. Finally, someone said that they thought the group had gone down to a nearby bar. In Omaha, that may have been a problem, but in Dunlap, well, there was just one main street with two bars. Five minutes later, I walked into the bar and discovered the missing wedding party.

IMG_8675

IMG_8678

IMG_8725

On the way back to the reception, they piled into the back of this pickup truck. My sister and I followed in her car...and in order to get this picture, I was standing up in the car with my upper body outside the sunroof. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but I love this picture, so well worth it!

IMG_8803

We returned to the reception to get on with some of the more traditional elements...

IMG_8954

IMG_9001

Yikes, what did Justin find in there??

IMG_9361

Instead of having a garter toss, they had a garter auction...complete with a real-live auctioneer:

IMG_9440

IMG_9414

P.S. I did eventually get those rings shots. :)


IMG_8913

IMG_8902

3 comments:

Manon said...

simply beautiful. I really like every picture of it.

Darbi G. said...

Lara! These are stunning!!!
Esp. love the one of them in the pickup driving off....

Way to go. :)

Daniel Dunlap said...

Simply amazing work Laura!